Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Financial Freedom?! All In Our Minds!

Financial freedom is a much talked about issue of our times. Millions of people are on the lookout for financial freedom. What is real financial freedom? Can we really get it or is it just a theoretical idea?

Well, you would be wrong if you thought that I am going to tell you about how to make more money. What I am going to tell you may not be about making money at all.

It's all in the mind

The essential idea of financial freedom is not about money-making in the least. The idea of financial freedom is all in the mind. It is your attitude towards the amount of money you have. Some people are very happy with little money and some are not, even with loads of it.

Money may buy you the ingredients of a happy life, but it cannot buy you happiness, for sure. It may buy you a house, but not the attribute that go behind making a house a house. Sounds complicated? Well it is not. If I were you, I would not only set a financial goal, but also see that what good it is doing to me.

Do your own thing

For some people it is a bad idea to earn more money or even save it, for that matter.

Some others feel that it is not proper to be spending on oneself or even give out money on charity. What I feel is there isn't a hard and fast rule to these things. Financial freedom is ideally the freedom of the mind, the freedom to make one's own choices. I would put here one of my favorite Charles Wesley quotes to make it clearer to you - "Earn all you can, save all you can, give all you can". Well, that's what I call financial freedom.

Avoid "bad" debts

I would share with you another secret of gaining financial freedom - always stay out of debt. It hampers your financial freedom the most. When you borrow money, your lender obtains the freedom of it and you lose it. Most people fail to realize this. I did not want to get into debt, so I drove an old car. Even though it wasn't quite a looker, it saved me from running into debts. I consider myself financially free because apart from my house loan, I have no other debt to repay.

Be patient

Always wait a while before fulfilling your desires. We buy things in a hurry, thinking it will make us happy, but in this way we put ourselves into financial constraints which only make us unhappier in the long run. Rather if we wait for something, till we can actually afford it, which will bring us more pleasure. Because there will be no financial problems to handle after that.

Get organized

Better management is another watchword to financial freedom. Most of us earn enough to sustain ourselves. So the best way to go about it is setting up a personal budget. This will be more disciplined as far as expenses are concerned. At the end you will find you have money left even to indulge in little things that you always wanted to do.

Take out time to think about your mental set up towards the idea of money. All you might need is to change your thinking a bit and you never know - it may show you the path to real financial freedom!

The Dummies Guide To Financial Freedom -Dedicated to help you make money online and achieve financial freedom online.


Feed Shark