Monday, March 10, 2008

Millionaire Mommy Next Door: How to Create Lasting Wealth Via Self-Employment

Now it's time to discuss making more money!

First, allow me summarize where I'm coming from in this regard:
- I didn't finish college. I consider myself a lifelong learner.
- I was often a belligerent employee. For instance, I hated following "standard operating procedure" --particularly when I had created a more effective process for said procedure.
- I was self-employed for over twenty years.
- One of my top priorities was to enjoy my work.
- My money-making ambition has always been "to make a little more than enough".
- I value free-time more than money.
- I hate waking to an alarm clock. I prefer flexible working hours.
- I prefer working from home while wearing my pajamas and slippers.
- I started all five of our businesses with less than $3,000 capital each.
- I'm starting my self-employment how-to series with the following topic outline. Please tell me what you think!

Brainstorm business ideas:
- What do you love to do? Create a Treasure Map to your rich life. Your passion will be evident to your customers and will create value.
- What are your talents?
- Is there a need for what you offer?
- Avoid reinventing the wheel. It's easier to pick a known money-maker.
- Low operating expenses = Less risk. In-home businesses offer both.
- Ask for feedback - from supportive, optimistic and successful people.

Try before you buy into your idea or business.
Take time to learn first-hand:
- Find a mentor.
- Shadow, volunteer, apprentice.
- Work for your future competition.

Research:
- Analyze your competition: supply, demand, prices, strengths, weaknesses.
- What can YOU offer that your competition doesn't?
- What are the demographics of your targeted customer? How will you reach them?
- Carefully select your niche and business name.
- Clarify your business identity.
- Would you be better off buying an existing business or starting from scratch?

Click here to discover more...How to Create Lasting Wealth Via Self-Employment