Tuesday, December 11, 2007

My inspiration from Mr John Foppe

Everyday, I kick start my day positively by watching at least one motivational web seminar of the world class speakers like Robert Kiyosaki, Anthony Robbins, T Harv Eker, Jay Abraham, etc. Even though viewing some of the web seminars twice or repeatedly, it is still helpful to reinforce the understanding of key messages.

Just want to share one of my favorite inspiration from Mr John P. Foppe, author of famous books, What’s Your Excuse? and Armed With Hope. John Foope was born without arms, yet, he is able to cook, eat, drive, draw, type and is married to a wonderful lady. What is the secret behind John’s success story?

His agonizing handicap has given him a unique point of view. He faced obstacles-both physical and emotional-his entire life. While some see his condition as a debilitating handicap, John disagrees. "Our only handicaps are those mental and emotional ones that prevent us from participating fully in life." Every pathway to success is a step-by-step process requiring a focus on resources instead of handicaps, assets instead of liabilities.

While the sight of how he tackles life with his toes really amazes me, after hearing his message from the web seminar, I am not looking at him but myself. John takes away all my excuses and gives me a new perspective in my life especially my journey to financial freedom.

If John who born without arms can overcome his condition and use his feet to replace his “invisible” hands doing what ordinary people can only do with their hands, there is no reason or good excuse why I can’t achieve what I want in life. John's faith, persistence, enthusiasm and optimism inspire me to change my destiny.

Hope you too enjoy and are inspired by this shorter version of video of John Foppe. John shows us that how can he use his toes to open a can of drink and drink it in front of the audiences.